Technology

Man by chance swallows his AirPod whereas sleeping

man-by-chance-swallows-his-airpod-whereas-sleeping

There are many people who like to wear headphones / headphones when they go to bed. Given that we now live in a time when we have wireless earbuds, this is even more practical than ever, but it also turns out to be a potentially health and suffocation hazard waiting to be to be happened.

According to a report on WWLP News 22, this is exactly what happened to a man, Bradford Gauthier of Worcester, Massachusetts, who went to bed with his AirPods in his ears to wake up to find that one of them was missing. A trip to the emergency room and an X-ray later revealed that one of his AirPods had been swallowed and wasn't trapped in his esophagus.

Gauthier claims to have woken up in the morning with a slight discomfort in his chest, but didn't think too much about it. He later went to shovel snow for an hour, came back and drank some water, only to find he couldn't swallow, which led him on a trip to the emergency room. Fortunately, the AirPod was removed and no serious injury was caused.

Amazingly, this isn't the first time we've heard of people who accidentally swallowed their AirPods. The first reported case was in 2019 with a man from Taiwan who managed to get rid of him. Another case followed in 2020 where a 7-year-old swallowed his AirPods, although luckily all of those cases didn't result in anything more serious.

Saved in Apple> Audio> Gadgets. Read more about AirPods and headphones. Source: Cultofmac

0 Comments
Share

Katherine Clark